But for my needs, it’s terrific. JUST terrific. I’m in love with a device.
Just some of the things I can do, in the palm of my hand, from my desk, on the bus, waiting at the doctor’s office or at the coffee shop, without having to lug around a 5 lb laptop computer, as gorgeous as the MacBook may be:
- read my google reader feeds
- have access to our family’s medical, ID, official documents and numbers
- receive emails
- get news/updates from my friends and social networks
- take photos and share them online
- write and post blog posts
- browse the internet
- take amazing photographs
- read my e-books (well, I wouldn’t regularly do that on a 3+ inch screen, but I CAN)
- activate a lightsaber that swooshes and sounds like Darth Vader’s, Luke’s or other Star Wars characters’
- make long-distance calls over wi-fi for free
and, what distinguishes it from an iPad, at least for now, is that I can make and receive phone calls on the device as well.
Here are some of the apps that I’ve installed for free: